Swisscom offers the only nationwide network for the Internet of Things in Switzerland: the Low Power Network (LPN). It is designed for the transmission of small amounts of data independently of the electrical network and forms the basis for smart cities, energy-efficient buildings, machine-to-machine networking and new digital applications. The Low Power Network is based on the open LoRaWAN industry standard (www.lora-alliance.org).
In the LPN Bootcamp you will learn about the functionality of the network as well as do a technical deep dive on Hardware and Software Integration. You will get a hands-on training on how to set up your own LPN based solution.
The LPN Bootcamp is designed for solution providers, system integrators and hardware providers who are already in the preliminary concept state.
Topics for the day
> Why Swisscom & LoRaWAN technology
> LoRa technology deep dive
– Details of LoRaWAN (network topology, classes of nodes, frame format, security schemes, etc.)
> Learn to use the LPN connectivity management platform and self-service possibilities
– How to do onboarding and use keys and addresses
– How to activate and deactivate devices over-the-air or activate-by personalization
– Software integration including code samples
– Get hands-on coding & compiling training
> Perform first application with LoRaWAN
In 2019 we offer four LPN bootcamps which are held either in German or English:
– 16th January - GER
– 20th March - ENG
– 5th June - GER
– 25th September - ENG